Steamer Basket for 60 qt heavy duty Brew Kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikefoolery

Cycling + Beer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking for a steamer basket for a 60 qt heavy duty brew kettle, like those sold at NB and B3. has anyone found on that fits well?

I've struck out looking at amazon and other places on the web. Maybe someone here has had some luck.

Thanks,
The Fool.

bayouclassicdepot.com sells several. You'll have to look at the dimensions....I think the 40qt fits in the 60qt kettle. What are you using it for? BIAB?

BIAB among other cooking things like corn or lobster. The other reason for the steamer basket would make it easier to dump out the spent grain for the neighbor's chickens.

I'd consider switching pots, but I really like my existing kettle, and it's already purchased.
I'm not sure if there is an existing large pot with two welded ports, and a large basket available.

I tried an 82 qt steamer basket from Bayou but it was to large to fit, a little over 17.75 inches in diameter(bigger then advertised).

I'll keep looking and thinking about the design for the single vessel brewery.

The Fool

So how'd the 60 qt model fit? I know they're a little more shallow and wide sometimes. I had to cut the rim off mine to get it to drop in. Single-vessel breweries :rockin:

Back