STC1000 settings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kickrjason

Reaction score
What settings on this unit should I use to prolong my freezers compressor life? Long time delay? What temp differential? What should I have the probe in to give the best results?

Set the compressor delay to the max, which is 10 min IIRC. For my ferm chamber I tape the probe to the fermenter of the most recently brewed beer, and then tape a folded up paper towel on top of it. For my keezer I taped the probe to a small water bottle full of water. As long as the compressor delay is maxed out and the probe is secured to something with a little thermal mass using the min temp differential of 0.3° should be fine. FWIW I think both my keezer and ferm chamber are set to 0.5°C differential.

yea i have had it for a while. I recently changed to a Large upright freezer. its an older one so i just wanted to make sure i was setting it appropriately to baby the compressor.

Set the compressor delay to the max, which is 10 min IIRC. For my ferm chamber I tape the probe to the fermenter of the most recently brewed beer, and then tape a folded up paper towel on top of it. For my keezer I taped the probe to a small water bottle full of water. As long as the compressor delay is maxed out and the probe is secured to something with a little thermal mass using the min temp differential of 0.3° should be fine. FWIW I think both my keezer and ferm chamber are set to 0.5°C differential.

Back to life, but thanks for the post.

Anyone recommend what temp is generally good for a Keezer (in Celcius)? Set mine right now to 4.8*C +/- 0.4*C with the 10min delay recommended above. Any feedback welcome!

:mug:

Back to life, but thanks for the post.

Anyone recommend what temp is generally good for a Keezer (in Celcius)? Set mine right now to 4.8*C +/- 0.4*C with the 10min delay recommended above. Any feedback welcome!

:mug:

Its really personal taste, warmer generally just needs you need a *slightly* higher pressure to carbonate.

Here's a table to give you an idea. If your using a single pressure for all your beers aim for the middle 2.2-2.6 volumes
http://www.kegerators.com/carbonation-table.php

Back