Quantcast

STC1000 settings

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

kickrjason

Reaction score
What settings on this unit should I use to prolong my freezers compressor life? Long time delay? What temp differential? What should I have the probe in to give the best results?

JuanMoore

Getting the banned back together
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Set the compressor delay to the max, which is 10 min IIRC. For my ferm chamber I tape the probe to the fermenter of the most recently brewed beer, and then tape a folded up paper towel on top of it. For my keezer I taped the probe to a small water bottle full of water. As long as the compressor delay is maxed out and the probe is secured to something with a little thermal mass using the min temp differential of 0.3° should be fine. FWIW I think both my keezer and ferm chamber are set to 0.5°C differential.

OP
kickrjason

kickrjason

Reaction score
yea i have had it for a while. I recently changed to a Large upright freezer. its an older one so i just wanted to make sure i was setting it appropriately to baby the compressor.

Skep18

Reaction score
Set the compressor delay to the max, which is 10 min IIRC. For my ferm chamber I tape the probe to the fermenter of the most recently brewed beer, and then tape a folded up paper towel on top of it. For my keezer I taped the probe to a small water bottle full of water. As long as the compressor delay is maxed out and the probe is secured to something with a little thermal mass using the min temp differential of 0.3° should be fine. FWIW I think both my keezer and ferm chamber are set to 0.5°C differential.
Back to life, but thanks for the post.

Anyone recommend what temp is generally good for a Keezer (in Celcius)? Set mine right now to 4.8*C +/- 0.4*C with the 10min delay recommended above. Any feedback welcome!

:mug:

FuzzeWuzze

I Love DIY
Reaction score
Back to life, but thanks for the post.

Anyone recommend what temp is generally good for a Keezer (in Celcius)? Set mine right now to 4.8*C +/- 0.4*C with the 10min delay recommended above. Any feedback welcome!

:mug:
Its really personal taste, warmer generally just needs you need a *slightly* higher pressure to carbonate.

Here's a table to give you an idea. If your using a single pressure for all your beers aim for the middle 2.2-2.6 volumes
http://www.kegerators.com/carbonation-table.php