stc-1000 question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewery1422

Reaction score
So i have got my controller all wired up and it seems to be working except that the heating pad and the fridge are both running at the same time. Any tips?

Try adjusting the delay on the controler. That way you allow stabilazation time between heating and cooling cycles.

It's a wiring error. Delay won't fix it. Both switches are mutually exclusive.
Look for other threads on the stc-1000 and wiring diagrams if you need one.

I'm going to take a newby stab at this. Never seen one or touched one, but I seen on a video where you needed to break the bridge on one of the poles on the plug. I was thinking to myself when I seen the video that this would be the one thing I would forget to do. lol

Kenny T

I'm going to take a newby stab at this. Never seen one or touched one, but I seen on a video where you needed to brake the bridge on one of the poles on the plug. I was thinking to myself when I seen the video that this would be the one thing I would forget to do. lol

Kenny T

You'll get a full point for that stab, bravo!

That is the most common oversight, and gives you the problem you're experiencing. Break the bridge on the live side (copper color) of the AC socket, so one is for cooling and the other for heating.

I'm going to take a newby stab at this. Never seen one or touched one, but I seen on a video where you needed to brake the bridge on one of the poles on the plug.[...]

Welcome, and kudos for the correct "stab".
Totally nailed, it, no doubt the hot-side bridge is still intact...

Cheers!

Thanks for the tips, makes alot of sense, how do you break the bridge? Figure you guys are better for info than youtube.

Brewery1422 said:
Thanks for the tips, makes alot of sense, how do you break the bridge? Figure you guys are better for info than youtube.

There's a tab between the two screws on the hot side. Just pop it off of there with a screwdriver. It may need some wiggling back and forth for a clean break.

Or needle nose pliers

image-1374966887.jpg

Back