Stay in a hotel? Watch this.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm... Plastic cups for me.

Was the maid taking a whiz or washing the toilet with them rubber gloves?

Windex is a good sanitzer!!! I'm gonna have to remember to try that... NOT!!!

I wash my dogs bowl better than how they wash glasses and he eats deer poop!!!

I'm sorry, why is this a surprise to anyone?

I travel a lot for work and I always bring shower shoes (just like in college or at the gym), a pillow case, and long leg and long sleeve PJs. You couldn't pay me to drink from a hotel glass.

I really hope non of you guys expected something else?? Something like that is totally expected especially in the cheaper hotels. :eek:

Just recently... On Monday night I stayed at the Sleep Inn in Tampa near USF/Busch Gardens for one night. After opening the sheets I found black hair under the top blanket. Not really expected but I wasn't surprised either. I have more of those stories from Days Inn, Comfort Inn, Quality Inn, etc.

You can't just expect to pay $60-80 /night and get treated like at mom's house. Of course you always find exceptions ... but those are rare.

I'm not surprised. I've stayed in lots of hotels and I've never seen a maid with clean glassware on her service cart.

On the other hand, if its really such a health hazard how come there aren't epidemics of herpes and dysentery among hotel guests? Epidemiologists are very astute at tracking these kinds of things. If many people were getting sick from this, we would probably know about it by now.

With my job I'm forced to spend around 200 nights a year in hotels. I've pretty much seen everything. Personally I don't even trust the plastic cups. The bathrooms are by far the nastiest. One of the things I've learned is to always look the towels over before you use them. Say someone uses a towel and folds it back up and hangs it back on the towel rack neatly. When housekeeping comes in do you honestly think they wash all of the towels??? I carry my own wash towels. I can almost always find body hair in 2 or 3 places in the bathrooms. Not to mention the sheets and pillow cases that don't get washed all the time. My advice. Try not to touch anything more than you have to and wash your hands constantly. There's a reason you don't see roaches running around most hotels, even the roaches know how nasty these places are and know they can live a better life elsewhere.

Back