Starting to keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgburdman9

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have been looking to start kegging. I have read some threads on this already on here. I have been looking for a 2 keg kit with a dual body regulator and CO2 tank. Where did you guys buy your setup? Did you buy a kit or piece you stuff together?

I have a normal size fridge that I probably have space to fit a keg or 2 into, but I was looking into getting a minifridge that can fit kegs in it. What are some minifridges that dont have freezers or have room to fit a couple kegs into without much modification?

There are only a very few mini fridges made that will fit a standard sized corny kegs with the quick disconnects attached. I do not know the model numbers off the top of my head, but they are difficult to find used or new. Most end up buying a kegerator made to house corny kegs or converting a chest freezer with a temp controller. Lots of threads on that under the term "keezers"

Kegconnection.com is an excellent source for the kits to set up kegging. They are a participating vendor here, have competive pricing and great customer service. It's a great one stop for the rest of the system if you already have the kegerator.

If you are more familiar with the individual components you may be able to piecemeal everything you need refurbished from the Chi company as well.

When I was researching the project, I got hooked on the idea of using a converted deep-freeze. I just felt like a freezer would have more cooling-power. I bought one of the external thermostats that interrupts the power from the wall when the temp gets to the target temp.

My only mistake was using my wife's mini-deepfreeze because it can only fit 3 cornys in it (with the CO2 bottle) so I'm limited to 2-3 taps (I use one of the spaces for a lager). After I canibalized it, she and I were both VERY uncomfortable using the small freezer in our main fridge, so we ended up buying a large-sized deep-freeze. If I had just pushed a bit, I could have scored a much larger keezer and the wife would have been happier with the mini. :)

"Go big or go home" Rule #1 with home-brewing DIY projects. ;)

Back