Starters Brewing Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a no brainer everything included kit. You could probably find everything you need buying a basic kit about $80 and buy everything in there separetely for less. Takes time to do the research and shipping though!

The only thing I see that I would want different is that it comes with 20 Qt kettle which is only 5 gallons max. Wouldn't a larger kettle be better since most Brewing kits come in a 5 gallon recipe?

You are absolutly right. A 5gal kettle give you the opportunity to do partial mash and extract. But doing an all grain batch with full volume will not be possible :(

Agree with Kenyos.. If you go all grain your going to need 6.5gallon minimum.

Looks like a great deal; I would recommend picking up a bottling bucket, but you can do that in a few weeks if you want to wait.

You can use the 5 gallon kettle to do a partial boil (say 3 gal boil) and then add top off water in the fermentor. About the only difference is you might not get as good of hops utilization in a partial boil, but nothing that will drastically alter the taste of your brews.

I would look on ebay. I got a 2 bucket and glass carboy kit for $110 without the pot. The pot is $30 on amazon but for $75 you can get a 30qt turkey fryer setup from homedepot thats descent.

Defalcos is my go to local shop. But in my opinion this kit comes with some things you don't necessarily need.

Not to stir up a debate, but a secondary fermenter is something a lot of folks skip nowadays. I never use my bottle brush. A quick rinse after emptying a bottle does the trick. The bottle washer and the carboy handle are also debatable items you can get by just fine without.

Just my 2 cents. Buy the pieces individually and take the money you save and put it towards a bigger pot.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Home Brew mobile app

Find a local brewing club and see if anyone would like to part with any used equipment... You'd be surprised what you could pick up and get you started.

I had a great post prepared but then realized that TexasWine had already made it. :)

+1 for a bigger pot, nix the bottle washer, brush, and handle. With approximately the same budget you can get everything you actually need plus a larger pot (8-10 gal).

So with the Kit right below this one , I am able to choose a kettle size. With 30 quart stainless steel kettle , I loose the beer bottles which is no biggie , Rather have the kettle size anyways. Comes in about 13 bucks more.

Do they make turkey Fryers without that Damn auto time shutoff crap anymore?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

Back