Starter taking off real quick is this normal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Backwoodsbrewing

Reaction score
Had a brew planned last week which I had to can. So I put tin foil on the top of my starter and stuck it in the fridge. Tonight I pulled it out let it warm up gradually. Decanted the wort and made up a pint of wort and yeast nutrient. Dumped it in a freshly sanitized glass cider jug and it took off in less than an hour bubbling away happily this just seems way to cool. Is this typical just curious.

Had a brew planned last week which I had to can. So I put tin foil on the top of my starter and stuck it in the fridge. Tonight I pulled it out let it warm up gradually. Decanted the wort and made up a pint of wort and yeast nutrient. Dumped it in a freshly sanitized glass cider jug and it took off in less than an hour bubbling away happily this just seems way to cool. Is this typical just curious.

It's a case by case basis. In your case you have healthy yeast, which is good. The nutrient really helps too.

Back