Starter eruption

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

springer

Reaction score
This is after the step up . The first made a sticky mess all over the bar and stir plate no camera handy for that one. this about 4 hours after adding 500 ml or so added to the slurry after I decanted

STA70190.JPG

Yes I am stirring it had a nice little vortex .This is the first one to do that to me on the stir plate . The fermentation was kick ass too had at least a 6 inch krausen .

What kind of yeast is that. I had that happen with WLP300 on the stir plate. Didn't take pictures.

Wyeast 3068 and the temp was 66° so its not a hot fermentation. I have used this yeast several times but its never done this to me

Maybe you need to stir faster? The stirring action should stop the formation of too much krausen. That thing looked violent!

maybe because I used real wheat wort for this starter . I don't know I will be racking into kegs this weekend. I brewed on 4/18

Back