Started Sunday Morning with a Shovel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappers_

Moderator Emeritus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Started Sunday morning by shoveling, first my drive and walks, then went over to the church and did the ones there, too. Quiet, peaceful, no one up and about, not too bad :)

Now having a french roast coffee with some chicory, sitting with my feet up. May go back to sleep . . .

Beautiful picture from a fellow resident of our village of Oak Lawn . . .

Pine-bough-_-snow-12_06_07d-_al_-005.jpg

Snow, what's that?????

Port Huron has, most remarkably been left untouched by the white stuff so far. Although had it been closer to freezing on Christmas we would have been in lockdown right now, instead of flooded roads and basements..

Oh how I dont miss that! I spent the first 27 years of my life in Hoffman Estates, now if I want snow I can drive to Flagstaff, get in some snowmobiling, then shoot down home to thaw. I do miss that amazing silence just after a big snowfall, like the worlds sound got turned off.

I do not miss Iowa snow. One of the few weather perks of Texas.

No such thing as silence here when it snows....just gets louder. Snowmobiles startt whizzing up and down the streets!

Went outside at night a few times the other night as the snow fell. It's amazing how quite it can be. I swear I could actually hear the snow falling.

Then again, I could also hear the snowmobiles from miles away in the background.

Back