Started Brew #2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewin_the_goods

Reaction score
It was a sunny Sunday afternoon, about 75 degrees with no wind in the air, the perfect day to the beginning of something wonderful. The brewing commenced with my buddy and I cracking open a couple Sierra ESB's :mug: and lots of loud singing to Sublimes 40oz. to Freedom. We began brewing the Irish Stout with the best of intentions, but after we were done steeping we noticed that we were getting a little past buzzed :tank: as we were making a mess in the kitchen, and we forgot to add the gypsum when we added the malt. A couple more friends came over to smell the perfection that was taking place and so more of us were singing loudly to the aforementioned cd :tank::tank:. All in all it was a great day full of chocolate/cereal/hop aroma's, pizza, and BEER.

Do any of you think it'll muff it up by not adding the gypsum when we were supposed to?

You'll be fine.If not,well at least you had a good time.I love sublime.Off topic but you should check out a band called Pepper.

Gypsum is added to lower pH, which I thought was mainly a concern for mashing. Given that this is your second brew, I'm guessing you are not doing AG anyway, so it probably won't matter. Someone correct my if I'm wrong.

You'll be fine.If not,well at least you had a good time.I love sublime.Off topic but you should check out a band called Pepper.

Yeah, I've heard a couple of Pepper songs on Pandora, I dig'em. Don't they sing "Rolled Up", or something like that?

"and lots of loud singing to Sublimes 40oz. to Freedom."

I approve of this :mug:

Back