Start spreading the brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike B

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm moving from Washington to New York in about a week and a half. I made an english strong ale that I'm going to give to friends and family as sort of a going away present. Here's what I've got so far:

I wanted the masthead to look kind of like the cover of the New York Times, I don't know if that's obvious or not . . .

I couldn't think of a clever name for the beer, so I didn't really name it at all. What do you think, is that a problem?

I'm thinking about putting a warning panel on it too, like a sideways bar on the right side of the label, but I don't want to clutter it. What do you think?

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks! :mug:

I love the name, David; Thanks!

Here's the updated version:

I tried to keep the newspaper theme going with a press release at the bottom. What do you think? Is this too cluttered?

Thanks! :mug:

Edit: caught a couple grammatical errors . . .

Looks good.

Just an idea, but did you try moving the image to the right to bring the mug fully into the frame? Or would moving the main body to the right throw the framing off balance?

Regarding the fine print at the bottom, I'd say keep it. For those who actually read labels (and I suspect there are many), its always intersting to have more reading material, assuming it doesn't distract from the general aesthetics of the label.

:mug:

Are you sure you want to leave this beautiful state to go to New York!?!? ;)

Looks good bro, and hope the move goes well!!!

:mug:

Back