Starsan usage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richfei

Reaction score
I want to keep a spray bottle full of starsan and water
I also want to sanitize with a 1oz to 5 gallon ratio to my plastic bucket

Can I sanitize multiple buckets using the same water ?

Will the solution in the spray bottle keep indefinitely i.e over several months ?

Is it really harmful to skin ? i.e I need gloves if I'm sanitizing the bucket.
I thought no, since it's ok to leave it in the wort but the warning instructions on the bottle indicate otherwise

I want to keep a spray bottle full of starsan and water
I also want to sanitize with a 1oz to 5 gallon ratio to my plastic bucket

Can I sanitize multiple buckets using the same water ?

Will the solution in the spray bottle keep indefinitely i.e over several months ?

Is it really harmful to skin ? i.e I need gloves if I'm sanitizing the bucket.
I thought no, since it's ok to leave it in the wort but the warning instructions on the bottle indicate otherwise

Yes you can sanitize multiple items with the same sanitizer.

I keep two spray bottles full of starsan at all times. I’m not sure about the life in the bottles but I refill them anytime I need a larger quantity of starsan (brewdays, filling kegs, bottles, cleaning beer lines, etc.) Id say that’s at worst once a month.

Solution is not harmful to skin, I would try to avoid dipping your hands in its concentrated natural form.

you can reuse it many, many times. It will stay good for several weeks or longer if you use distilled water. You can grab some PH strips to test it. They are super cheap. As long as youre at 3 or less its still good. You dont need gloves but it does dry my skin a little and I also wouldnt handle it in its concentrated form.

Back