Star Wars LEGOS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
These seem expensive, and a little ridiculous when compared to the "use some imagination" legos of my youth.....but the awesomeness is pretty undeniable.......my son and I really enjoy putting them together and playing with them.

ForumRunner_20130617_093725.png

My son just turned 6 last weekend. Spent $90 on a big kit with a couple of speeders from EP.I. Really cool, we both love it. Super pricey, though.

Thanks Tex!

While they are pricey, they have specialized parts that are not exactly legos, but interact with old legos. I have a decent box of old legos, and some of these parts are quite cool and will go into other things in the future!

While I hate the fact that JAckass George Lucas will make ANYTHING off of this, they are worth it in my estimation. It ends up making something just as cool as say, the playskool starwars (in some cases, MUCH cooler), that would would certainly have cost the same. Even the $20 "Escape pod" and search team (the least exciting looking set) was pretty damned awesome once built.

And these special kits don't hurt imagination when they get combined with other special kits and generic tiles.

No! there is still imagination going on, just far less than when you got a box of random pieces and no plans. Mix these kits in well and you are close to being back when it took more thought.;)

Sorry if my OP seemed negative. It is WAY more imaginative than TV, but I am not sure it is any more imaginative than action figures at this point. I just wish that they sold boxes of random pieces as well as the pricey kits.

Fortunately I DO have a box of small legos from my youth, but I plan to ebay or craigslist some more.

I didn't mean to sound critical. What I was getting at was that the new Lego kits have some pretty cool pieces that I would have enjoyed 25-30 years ago when I was a kid. I enjoy them just as much now as I did then, and having a kid of my own now gives me an excuse to buy them.

I just don't remember if they were this expensive then. They must have been because my parents didn't buy me many.

my mom saved a big Rubbermaid container of all my lego blocks, mostly Space lego - i cannot wait until my daughter is old enough to not want to eat them and to build with them instead.

i haven't looked at the price of lego kits in some time but I recall some of the bigger kits ran $100+ 20 or so years ago

my mom saved a big Rubbermaid container of all my lego blocks, mostly Space lego - i cannot wait until my daughter is old enough to not want to eat them and to build with them instead.

i haven't looked at the price of lego kits in some time but I recall some of the bigger kits ran $100+ 20 or so years ago

I somehow had plenty at an age when I didn't really understand what money was (32 years ago or so) and never got any more.

Here recently, the kit pictured was $20. It seems a little high, but not crazy.

There are $50 and $100 kits.

Back