Star san useage???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doghouse-gav

Reaction score
I'm from the Uk and managed to get my hands on some star San. But it's got no instructions. How much do I need to add per litre of water? Also is it reusable ? If so how long for? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

I use 1 oz per 5 gallons. It keeps for a couple of months. It is good at pH 3 and below.

I'm from the Uk and managed to get my hands on some star San. But it's got no instructions. How much do I need to add per litre of water? Also is it reusable ? If so how long for? Cheers

I believe it's 1.5 ml StarSan per L water

It's reusable until the ph is > 3

Mix it with distilled or RO water and it will keep almost indefinately.

Just an after thought. If I made the star San up as recommended on here would I need to rinse off ?

Nope - Star san is a no rinse sanitizer. When I bottle a batch I ****** the bottles with a brush in a PBW solution and rinse in Star San then fill them until the star san foam comes out the top. Zero issues in 4 years of using it.

Star San at 12 ppm ( 1 oz in 5 gallons ) is no rinse. And don't fear the foam!!!

Back