star san foam

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EPS

Reaction score
I just used star san for the first time today. And i know it says no rinse but stupid me saw all that foam and rinsed it out with tap water. Now after reading up on it after making the batch. I now know don't fear the foam its good. But by not researcing this first and dumb me not following simple directions on the bottle. Will this cause my equipment to not be sanitized properly therefore resulting an a infection? This is only my second batch and i used bleach before i bought star san a my local brew shop today. So now i'm worried that i may have not sanitized my fermenter properly. It was just so hard to beleave don't rinse out that foam when i saw it. And thought about it after and researched it. I now know i will never rinse or fear that foam again. But do you think i'm ok with infection for this time? Thanks all EPS

Yeah I wouldn't worry about it. Lots of people top off their wort with a couple of gallons of tap water and don't get infections. You rinse out sanitizer so you are probably even better off than them. Relax and have a homebrew.

Back