Star San and Silgranit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honus

Reaction score
We got a new sink a couple of weeks ago and are getting ready to brew some beer today, however I am wondering if I need to be concerned about Star San staining the sink.

Is there anyone out there that has a silgranit sink? Have you had a pool of Star San sitting in it? Should I be concerned?

I can't really answer your questions but I can make a suggestion. if your worried about a "pool of StarSan" in your sink then don't put the StarSan in your skink. get a brew bucket and put the StarSan in that.

That's what I did, but then I dumped the Star San into the sink when I was done with it and it didn't seem to have any effect on the finish of the sink.

why dump the StarSan? it keeps forever in a sealed bucket. just get a 100cnt. pack of acid test strips and check the PH of the StarSan before use. it should be below 3PH. if its above just add a little new StarSan, few drops at a time, till the PH drops to below 3. you will save money and StarSan that way.

Back