Star-san and Corian countertops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mogref

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had problems with Star-san and Corian countertops? On my last bottling session I noticed after cleaning up that there were white splotches where I had some of my equipment sitting that had previously been soaked in sanitizer. A little elbow grease didn't seem to make it go away. I'm concerned that the acid in the StarSan etched the surface.

For those not familiar with Corian, it's a synthetic countertop material similar to granite. It came with the house so I wasn't previously familiar with the care and cleaning of it. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

Anyone else have this type of countertop in their kitchen and noticed the same thing?

I'm not familiar with Corian, but I've heard people say that undilluted Star San will etch glass or granite. Sorry man, maybe just mix it up in the sink from now on. :(

I think there was a thread a while back about someone bleaching spots on their corian counter with Star San. It doesn't sound good. :(

Back