stand up freezer / what thermostat?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spam

Reaction score
I just got a nice(older) stand-up freezer! I will be using this to ferment lagers and ales. I may also use it as a beer fridge when I am not brewing. How exact does the thermostat NEED to be? What do most of you use? I would rather not spend alot of money if I don't HAVE to :)

I had one of these in my keezer: http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=375_246_250&products_id=933

It worked fine, but the bulb got caught and broken off during a keg change, turning it into junk. There seems to be no replacing those. If I had gone with the aquarium controller with a wired temp sensor, I could have just replaced the sensor and not been out $40. Actually I bought one, but got the wrong voltage, and ended up giving it away. The Auber 2352 I now have works, making it the best deal for me. It's that old thing about doing it right the first time....

Latest posts

Back