Stalled or No

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanzigsMISFITS

Reaction score
So I brewed a DIPA over a week ago. The OG was 1.092. I saw signs if fermentation and when I took a reading I'm at 1.022 over 2 days of checking. Should I re-pitch or leave it, the recipe didn't give a FG.

Fermentation might be done, but at only one week, since the start of fermentation, it is to early to do anything with the beer. Take another SG reading in a week.

Enter your recipe in the Brewers Friend recipe builder. The recipe builder does provide an estimated FG, but this is only an estimate. All fermentations will be different.

Without knowing the recipe or yeast it is impossible to answer your question.

Most recipe programs default to 75% attenuation, which would be 1.023. You have reached that, so unless you are using a really high attenuating yeast or used a ton of simple sugars, you are probably done.

Take another gravity reading in 3-4 days and let us know if it is the same. If so, it is done. You could also easily just wait until 2-3 weeks after pitch before dryhopping to be sure fermentation is done.

Thanks. Was pitching WL Ca ale 20lbs 2 row 0.75lbs carapils 0.5lbs Carastan with 1 lb corns urge at 0 min

Back