• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Stainless wort chiller specifically for 5.5g Anvil kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgaepi

Brewer In Need Of Guidance
Reaction score
Good news is that my new Anvil 5.5g kettle is flawless for 2.5g batches. Light to pick up and move around. Big enough to prevent a foam over. But ... way too small for standard 25' stainless steel wort chillers. I need a narrow chiller. Anyone make a custom SS wort chiller? Thanks.

For what it's worth, JaDeD Brewing is making me a custom chiller. So, if you're in the market for something specific, they appear to be your best bet.

I looked for between 7-8". The temp probe limits it to less than 9".

http://stainlessbrewing.com has a section on their site with a variety of narrow coil configurations. There are some in the 6" range that already have the vertical section, you'd just need to stick a fitting on the end and maybe add a bend. Or they might offer it that way too if you ask.

Good news is that my new Anvil 5.5g kettle is flawless for 2.5g batches. Light to pick up and move around. Big enough to prevent a foam over. But ... way too small for standard 25' stainless steel wort chillers. I need a narrow chiller. Anyone make a custom SS wort chiller? Thanks.
How are you liking your kettle? I have one on the way. What is the boil size you typically use? I was worried about a 3.5 gallon boil being too risky for this size pot.

Ebay or more beer or several other brew shops sell the stainless cooler ...also the speidel stainless cooler coil works as well..

Back