stainless tap tower lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heferly

Reaction score
tried searching, all i can get is stainless towers...

i brew up a lot of wheats, but they're not always on tap. looking to upgrade to a secondary regulator so i can force carb, and put a proper carb level on the wheats i brew.

problem is, i want a balanced system, and don't want to be pulling bev lines off the faucet barbs every time i want to up the psi. i also don't want to splice into bev lines and have a possible leaky connection.

i'd like to have mfl fittings for the ball lock QD, up to a stainless mfl that leads up the tower to the faucets. anyone have this? or make this? i would guess a flared fitting in the kegerator, but not sure how the connection to the shank would be made...

can't seem to find any info, but i know i've seen commercial units that have these installed

TIA :mug:

won't rule that out, thanks!

only problem i see, is i would have to know the wheat is going in the keg after i kick the one before it...i usually rinse out the keg after it kicks, sanitize, hit with co2, then store for racking later on, leaving the posts intact (until about 5 brews cycle through, or if i dryhop in the keg...i know, lazy)

i'd have to take off the posts to install this, right?

maybe i can pick up another keg dedicated to wheats or something

Yeah, you have to take off the posts to insert or remove. The keg will still work if you leave the stick in there and serve at regular temps, just a slower pour.

do you happen to know your psi drop with this? i suppose i'm wondering your temp, psi, approx carb level for your wheat, compared to your psi w/a typical ale?

if i can't figure out the stainless tower lines, i think i'll just dedicate a keg...usually every other batch is a wheat of some sort

I carb my regular ales at 11psi@38 degrees. My wheats at the same temp and pushing 20 psi (+/- a couple #). All my lines are 10'.

Back