Stainless steel sink/table: Web-Based Vendors?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

johndan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm finishing off part of my basement to make a dedicated brewing space. Because of my remote location, I can't locate an affordable stainless steel utility sink/table. Can anyone recommend a web-based vendor they've had good experiences with?

I'm thinking something along the lines of this John Boos 72" table/sink combo (although I'd prefer something slightly less spendy…).

Reaction score
I'm finishing off part of my basement to make a dedicated brewing space. Because of my remote location, I can't locate an affordable stainless steel utility sink/table. Can anyone recommend a web-based vendor they've had good experiences with?

I'm thinking something along the lines of this John Boos 72" table/sink combo (although I'd prefer something slightly less spendy…).

I've had good experiences dealing with this site https://www.webstaurantstore.com/search/sink-table.html

Biggz1313

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I recently did in my basement what you're trying to do now and I went with a plastic sink. I saw what my stainless utensils did to the inside of my kettle I didn't want the outside to look like that too. If I'm resting the edge of my kettle on a plastic sink I saw way less change of dinging it up than if it were stainless.

In regards to the table you linked, I have a John Boos 60" Maple top prep table in my brew area and I'll say though it was pricey, it was worth every penny. It's a quality piece of furniture so I assure you the one you've linked would be awesome.

OP
OP
johndan

johndan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
[ETA: On second thought, I'm using a Grainfather with the neoprene jacket on it, so I wouldn't have the issues you mentioned. I clean in place and just need to dump the liquid into the sink. The sink is only going to see tubing, measuring cups, a wooden stirring paddle, etc.]

Good point about the plastic vs stainless steel issue. I was leaning toward stainless mainly for the aesthetics. (I agree about the quality of John Boos items. An example of getting what you pay for.)

Last edited:

Ki-ri-n

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
What about getting a "plain" SS table from Costco or Sams (I think when I got mine it was ~$130) and then add a cutout for a SS sink and insert that right to the table? Sort of build your own.

It could be all SS for ~$200. Just a thought.

Reaction score
Plastic wash basin next to a stainless table? Can't argue though with aesthetics of all SS. Just seems to me a table and a sink are a better deal than a combo unit, though I think the combo is much cleaner. Buy once, cry once I guess. Also, I have some John Boos stuff, top notch, but really any restaurant grade equipment will be relatively bulletproof.