stainless steel quick disconnects

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarheels

Reaction score
I soon will be buying quick disconnects for my system and i was wondering if anyone has used the stainless steel quick disconnects from more beer. They are only $5 more a set and look really nice. i'm a little worried about how hot they will get. thanks for any help, eric

I highly recommend them. Yes, they do get hot - but their benefits outweigh the drawbacks - even considering the price. See my review for more details.

Mylo

Just got out of the More Beer store in Los Altos. Yea they had quick disconnects the the online store has been sold out of for a while. Bought 12 males and 10 females and they still have a bunch more on the shelf. Got all the ones I need for my build. Little pricey but oh well.

Back to your question. I looked at the plastic ones that they sold in the shop and they just seemed really cheap. The SS ones are pretty nice and feel sturdy

I absolutely love my SS quick disconnects. Very easy to engage and remove. Perfect seals also. I have an extra female with NPT I could sell you for a fair price if you need also. I accidently bought one too many.:eek:

My system connects solely with these and SS tri-clamps.

I agree with Bobby M and The Pol, even though he hasn't chimed in yet. The brass ones from McMaster are just as good but a lot cheaper. I am perfectly content with mine and don't feel like I "settled" for something inferior.

Looks like from my Mcmaster History these are the ones I ordered
6739K59
Hose Couplings for Coolant Plug, 1/2" NPTF Male, 3/8" Coupling Size

6739K64
Hose Couplings for Coolant Sleeve-Lck Sckt X Barb, 3/8" Cplg Sz, 1/2" Hose ID

Also, they do get warm. But that is nothing that 2 layers of shrink tubing did not take care of.

Back