• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Michigan Stainless Solenoid Valves (1/2" & 120v)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpalarchio

Reaction score
I have ten stainless solenoid valves for sale. I'm pretty positive they're the same as these as this is where I bought them: http://www.ebay.com/itm/290601557472

4 - Have never been used
6 - Various state of used condition- some only used for water, others for wort

Of the used ones, a couple have small rust spots on the black solenoid cover; others look no different than the new. If I were to use them again, I'd probably remove the covers (just one nut), prime and paint them a more interesting color.

Also on the used ones, I added some water tight power connectors and a ground wire. I can provide the mating cable that I used or you can just clip the connector and put on your own.

Note to potential buyers:
If you're looking for this to be your first jump into automation, you should know that solenoid valves are not the most ideal for wort; you probably want motorized ball valves. One thing solenoid valves are good for is shutting off quickly so for water supply lines and such they work well. Solenoid valves are also directional so you'll see a little arrow on the valve body, this is the direction the liquid should flow. (These are tidbits I learned as part of the expense of being an early adopter)

I'll be disassembling the used ones just to make sure they're still clean and such. If I run across something unexpected, the quantity of 10 could drop.

Anyhow, let's say $25 each for the new ones and $20 for the used.

Shipping costs are going to depend on where you're at and what size USPS box I can get them in. A single valve weighs about 22oz so flat rate boxes are probably best.

If you buy in quantity, I'm sure we can work a deal over PM.

valves.jpg

cables.jpg

just an aside.. what did you use for connectors?

just an aside.. what did you use for connectors?

I believe they're some variant of a "Weatherpack" connector. At the time some people questioned the suitability of the connectors for AC but I've had zero issues or concerns. The wire preattached to the valve is only about 20 or 22 gauge so I imagine there's not much current draw from the solenoid.

The connectors are at least splash proof, I don't think I would recommend submerging them in liquid though.

Do you still have any of these?

Yes. All but possibly two are available as I completely forgot about cank's request. (Cank- I just sent you a PM). I also just received a PM on them so first come, first serve.

As far as shipping goes, I've ordered up some "Priority Mail 2-Day™ Regional Rate Box A" boxes from the Post Office so if you want to estimate shipping costs, plan on 2 lbs per valve and shipping from zip code 48442.

Thanks

Joe

5 of the used are spoken for and two people have asked about the remaining 5 but feel free to PM me should those fall through.

In line for the five:
keithschauer

How many do you have left? I would say I would like at least 1 if not 2. I'm doing a winter build project of upgrading my brewery to electric 15 gallon bcs controlled system. If you think just for water this may begreat for the supply line. I live in royal oak.

Let me say for now a Hermes system. I was wondering what I could use them for. I know the water supply line would be good. Maybe the pump for the herms? I'm not sure where else this would be good for. Let me know your input and I'll pay for them this weekend.

Back