Stainless soldering

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fletchsj

Reaction score
So after reviewing the many many many pages of posts in the soldering sticky I tried it out today. No practicing. Just got myself the little kit from airgas and went to it. Standard propane torch I use for making Creme Brulee. Super Easy! I would have done all my fittings but my step bit broke. So off to Brewbrothers tomorrow for some help. But, seriously folks. I know the weldless kits are nice and easy, but this is way strong enough for our purposes, less headaches due to leaking/small drips, and ultimately far cheaper!

Also, it seemed that folks were worried about the bond and holding up, so they invented that dimpling method. Great Idea, and if these were keggles/pots is perfect condition I might have done that. But, that said, I didn't and the bond is REALLY strong. Just thought I'd put it out there. Wish I would have just done this from the beginning. I would have avoided a lot of cussing and moaning due to small drips.

I'm always one day away form doing this. Now that my big project with the Band Boosters is over I got to get my garage cleaned up again and give it a go. I might have to bring it into the house to do it though. I hear it's supposed to stay below 20F now.

I'm always one day away form doing this. Now that my big project with the Band Boosters is over I got to get my garage cleaned up again and give it a go. I might have to bring it into the house to do it though. I hear it's supposed to stay below 20F now.

I'd put on a coat and do it outside still... The fumes are NASTY! We had crazy winds goin on and still made me a bit concerned. Good luck, it's really not much different that soldering copper pipes.

Back