Stainless Scrubbies on Diptube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phunhog

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I want to stop using hop bags for pellet hops. It seems like they always block the diptube intake and I end up having to try and fish them out of the way. I am going to try the stainless scrubbie trick. Just wondering what kind of success people have had in keeping hops out of the fermentor and also minimizing blockage in the diptube. Thanks. Al:mug:

I tried using a scrubbie with only 1 oz of leaf and 1 oz of pellets and it was a nightmare. It wouldn't drain at all. I think it was the fact that I used one of the really tightly woven heavy duty ones from a restaurant supply store. I'm going to try stretching it out and trying it again.

I get large SS scrubbers from the local restaurant supply store for ~$1.50. I think they are made from 400 series stainless as they are slightly magnetic. Best thing I have found yet for keeping hops out of my CFC. I can pump at full throttle through the 3/8th copper CFC and have not had problems with cavitation.

Back