Stainless beer lines in tap tower?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkpq45

Reaction score
Has anyone used flared brake line-style lines for beer in a tap tower? I'm thinking of a clean-in-place setup where I can fill the whole tower with expanding foam insulation.

Whaddya think?

I think it will be more difficult to service/fix leaks/clean without much added benefit. I can see using hard lines, but I'd use an insulation that can be easily removed.

At 15 psi max for dispensing, you really don't need ss braided lines...waste of money and you'll never see those gleaming beauties like you would under the hood of a car.

DO NOT use the spray foam...if you have any issues (and you will some day) you will NEVER be able to get back into the tower to change the lines, faucets, etc.

Spray foam in a tower = bad news!

My $0.02.

At 15 psi max for dispensing, you really don't need ss braided lines...waste of money and you'll never see those gleaming beauties like you would under the hood of a car.

DO NOT use the spray foam...if you have any issues (and you will some day) you will NEVER be able to get back into the tower to change the lines, faucets, etc.

Spray foam in a tower = bad news!

My $0.02.

Im currently working (as time permits) on a 6 tap tower that i got off of craigs that was filled with this stuff and it is a PITA. Im just trying to get to all the tailpieces and it is a mess. I would never fill it with spray foam!

Sort of off topic but related. I have a two tap SS Draft tower and I would like to change the beer lines. I opened the top up this morning and couldn't get at the hose or get a wrench in to loosen the nut.

Any suggestions?

I would like to change it all out.

Back