St. Paul, MN - breweries to visit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bierandbikes

Reaction score
I am headed up to St. Paul next week. Any recommendations on which brewery(s) I should hit? I am not sure how many days I will be there so if there is a decent hotel located within walking distance of a couple would be even better. I'll need to eat (and taste local beers). Of course I will bring home my 4 pack of Surly Furious as with all of my trips to the Twin Cities. I normally stay over in Minneapolis but thought I would try the other for a change.

Thanks for the advice.

Paul

You have to go to The Happy Gnome and The Muddy Pig. I was just at both places over NYE and am heading back up at the end of January for The Beer Dabbler. I stop at the Happy Gnome every time I'm there. Around 75 beers on tap and no crap. Phil and Andrew are great bartenders and the food is awesome and reasonably priced. I actually prefer St Paul over Minneapolis simply for these 2 venues. The Muddy Pig does a festival of hops at the end of January and all of their 60+ taps are Pale / IPA / DIPA.

I don't know much about the locations or anything, but Surly and Summit would be the two big ones up there. I've heard there are a lot of small breweries popping up in that area though.

Back