Another one coming this summer is Exit 6 in Cottleville (St. Charles County).I got a list a few weeks ago from one of the food and drink writers here in St. Louis of all of the breweries in the area.
1. Anheuser-Busch (Soulard)
2. Buffalo Brewing Co. (midtown)
3. Cathedral Square Brewing Co. (midtown)
4. Square One Brewery & Distillery (Lafayette Square)
5. Six Row Brewing Co. (midtown)
6. Trailhead Brewing Co. (St. Charles)
7. St. Louis Brewery / Schlafly (downtown Tap Room and Maplewood Bottleworks)
8. Highlands Brewery & Restaurant (Kirkwood)
9. Augusta Brewing Co.(Augusta)
10. Ferguson Brewing Co. (Ferguson)
11. Amalgamated Brewing Co. (Benton Park - the Stable)
12. O'Fallon Brewery (O'Fallon, Mo.)
13. Morgan Street Brewery & Restaurant (Laclede's Landing)
14. Urban Chestnut Brewing Co. (midtown)
15. Second Shift Brewing Co. (New Haven)
16. Crown Valley Brewery (Ste. Genevieve)
17. Charleville Microbrewery & Vineyard (Ste. Genevieve):
Coming this summer:
18. Perennial Artisan Ales (South Carondelet)
19. The Civil Life Brewing Co. (Tower Grove South)
20. 4 Hands Brewing Co. (near Soulard)
So far, I've been to Morgan Street, Schlafly, and Trailhead. I've had a few of O'Fallon's beers, and will probably hit Second Shift, Tin Mill (Hermann, MO) and Augusta sometime this month. I really like Morgan Street's beers and food. Schlafly has a few cask aged beers on tap too.
This is the closest brewpub to my home and I rarely go there. Usually we go because my boys like the food. The beer is technically okay, but uninspired. The beer there is more of a gimmick than a passion.I'd probably skip on Trailhead also. The wife brought home a mixed 6 pack a couple weeks ago and I was not impressed. But, "to each his own".