st augustiner attempt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlangfo5

Reaction score
Hey guys! I love helles, and I tried st. Augustiner it turned out to be one of my favorite examples I've tried!

I finally have the ability to produce lager beer, 7ft^3 freezer with johnson controls temp controller :D

I would really like to try and brew something that taste close to this beer! Would anyone have any idea where to start?

Also, how does American two row pale malt, compare to pils malt?

Lets make beer together :)

Aren't temp controllers just the best? I can't believe I ever brewed without one. Pils is nice, has a delicate grainy/cracker flavour.

I think I might plan my grain bill around that recipe, maybe with a slightly higher og and fg!

I've been wondering though, how does American 2 row compare to pilsner malt?

Pilsener is a slightly lighter roast and has a reputation for being loaded with DMS, and should therefore benefit from a longer boil (say, 80 minutes rather than 60 minutes).

For flavor, it depends on whom you ask. I think that the Munich and Vienna will cover the Pilsener vs. American enough that you won't be able to tell the difference. When I brewed it, I used C20L instead of CaraPils, so I covered it even a little more (I used American).

Back