SSSOLD on decoction

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just tasted my "munich amber" BEST FREEKEN BEER I HAVE EVER!!!! EVER!!! TASTED did I mention I really liked this beer and DAMN I just brewed it 5-2-07. its still green.. you would never know it:ban:

its perfect perfect perfect :ban: IMHO its warm, flat and PERFECT I am finally a freeken brewer ITS about gad damn time I have been tweeken this recipe for three years and now I know what a double decoction can do for a BEER.. I bow to the beer GODS tonight for I have seen the light... amen
JJ

You know, it is almost sinful to brag about a recipe like this and not post it!

Seriously, congrats. Maybe I will try this as my first decoction. Is the recipe for your 'Munich amber' here the same as the 'Munich gold' listed in your recipes section??? (From your sig, it must be.)

I am currently enjoying a hefe that I single decocted. It's one of the nicest beers I've brewed. Color and taste is spot on. :D

Even though I now can steam infuse, I will be decocting again. :rockin:

I wouldn't do a decoction except for certain styles, but it is an interesting process. I've been doing single decoction for hefes.

FlyGuy said:
You know, it is almost sinful to brag about a recipe like this and not post it!

Is the recipe for your 'Munich amber' here the same as the 'Munich gold' listed in your recipes section??? (From your sig, it must be.)
Sorry about that;) yes its the Munich Gold I had to change the name after trying it :rockin: AND I was fairly hammered when I posted :drunk:
JJ

Bike N Brew said:
The two dancing bananas and LOTS of WORDS in CAPS (are you a loud drunk?) might have given us a hint...
;)
Nope Im not a LOUD drunk Just like to have fun and I was haven a good time last night:drunk: its nice to see things come together:tank:
JJ

Back