SSbrewtech mini brew bucket base issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ba-brewer

I'm not Zog, I'm Leroi
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have one of the SSbrewtech mini brew buckets and find the removable base a bit of pain when you need to move the fermentor. The obvious solution seems to buy a second base and move the bucket from one to the other, but I really don't want to buy a second base.

Anyone come up with a good solution to this problem?

I have one of the SSbrewtech mini brew buckets and find the removable base a bit of pain when you need to move the fermentor. The obvious solution seems to buy a second base and move the bucket from one to the other, but I really don't want to buy a second base.

Some industrial velcro tape? Or maybe just stick two pieces of duct tape on opposite ends from the base to fermenter body...

Rev.

Some industrial velcro tape? Or maybe just stick two pieces of duct tape on opposite ends from the base to fermenter body...

Rev.
Thanks for the ideas. I had thought about the velco but not just some tape. I taped the temp probe down on my full size bucket and it took some work to get the glue off.

I was also thinking about putting a couple holes in the base and use small bungee cords to clip to the clamps, but that needs to be undone to open the fermentor.

The other thing I thought about was making a stand with a some scrap wood, but just like a second base you have to store when not in use.

This issue as well as there are no handles on the bucket are what is preventing me from getting one of these.
The base is silicone so not much will adhere to it. I have been thinking about getting ss chest handles and using ss band clamps to attach them, haven't thought much about the base issue but do not like the design.

I understand this is meant to hit a price point and it does do that however without handles and a solid base I'm struggling to pull the trigger.

I also looked at the Anvil unit which is 4 gal and $30.00 cheaper but have heard of quality issues and the handles do not fold down and the spigot sticks out pretty far making it a tight fit for my mini fridge.

I tried to use some tape the last time and found out about the non-stick properties of the base. Thinking a couple light weight bungees might be the easiest solution.

The lack of handles is not that big of a deal for me, but it does make emptying difficult when really full. I usually hang onto the secured lid to move it, that is how I usually move the 7gal buckets too as the handles are somewhat small and pinch my fingers.

Back