SSBrewtech 1/2BBL Unitank with leg extensions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob2010SS

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone using the leg extensions on the 1/2bbl uni? Looking for feedback on whether or not you'd recommend the leg extensions. Someone told me that ssbrewtech recommended to them that they DON'T use the keg extensions on the 1/2bbl because it becomes top heavy. Im just confused why SSBT would sell them if that's an issue...

I have not reached out to SSBT. And I actually already bought the leg extensions, just haven't put them on yet.

Yes! I love the leg extensions! Be sure to get the bottom shelf as well since that provides more stability for the fermenter when installing the extensions. I do 11 gallon batches in mine and have never had a problem with stability. My half-barrel is also on casters so I can roll it in and out of my walk-in cooler fermentation chamber

Yes! I love the leg extensions! Be sure to get the bottom shelf as well since that provides more stability for the fermenter when installing the extensions. I do 11 gallon batches in mine and have never had a problem with stability. My half-barrel is also on casters so I can roll it in and out of my walk-in cooler fermentation chamber

Perfect! Thank you sir. I was questioning whether or not I should use them after I bought them. I also have the casters to wheel it around.

Back