• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Indiana SS Mesh Hop Spider, Blichmann Hop Blocker, Mash Paddles, Sparge Arm

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rudy0498

Reaction score
Just unloading some extra stuff to clear space and re-tool my setup a little. Buyer pays USPS shipping.

-SS Mesh Hop Spider from StainlessBrewing.com (6-5/8" x 18"). It's a really nice piece of equipment, but it just doesn't fit well with what I'm doing now. If your BK is not 18" (or more) tall, the mesh basket can be trimmed down to fit, according to the website. Would be over $100 new with shipping. SOLD

-Blichmann Hop Blocker - SOLD

- Large SS Mash Paddle - SOLD

-Wood Mash Paddle - SOLD

-Rotating Sparge Arm - $10 + shipping

20150419_160612.jpg

20150422_182722.jpg

20150422_182749.jpg

20150422_182818.jpg

20150422_183008.jpg

For those wanting shipping, I will need to see if I can even find the right sized boxes. Most of this stuff is pretty oddly sized. I'd like to avoid shipping if possible, but will consider it if multiple items are involved.

The sparge arm is that hard to ship separately? Seems like a large padded envelope would work.

The white plastic piece is about 26" inches long. The Metal Arm is about 12" x 9". So disassembled, it would need about at least a 9" W x 26"L package of some sort. I'm not sure they make padded envelopes that big. The metal arm is too wide to ship it in one of the triangular tubes that you can get a the post office.

How big is the SS mash paddle? Looking for something between 30"-36". Just something slightly bigger than the 24" plastic one I'm using now. If that's the size, PM me a shipped price. My zip is 37323. Thanks.

How big is the SS mash paddle? Looking for something between 30"-36". Just something slightly bigger than the 24" plastic one I'm using now. If that's the size, PM me a shipped price. My zip is 37323. Thanks.

It is 30" long, and the blade is 6" wide.

SS mash paddle is sold...Hop Spider and Sparge arm are still available. Have boxes ready to ship both and can quote shipping if necessary.

Got my mash paddle in today. Thanks Rudy for the fast shipment! Look forward breaking this bad boy in.

No more flexy plastic paddle!

Bump. Updated Hop Spider's description to include the ability to shorten it if your kettle is less than 18" tall.

So now that the hop spider is off your hands, care to tell us why you thought it didn't work for you? I'm considering one as well, but don't want to waste cheddar if not a good solution.

So now that the hop spider is off your hands, care to tell us why you thought it didn't work for you? I'm considering one as well, but don't want to waste cheddar if not a good solution.

Sure. It just doesn't fit well in my setup. I have a vent hood that hangs pretty low over to the top of my brew pot, and I also use an immersion chiller. So it was cumbersome to try to get the spider far enough out to get the chiller in. I didn't want to switch to a CFC or leave my chiller in the pot for the entire boil. So switching to a voile bag spider seemed like the simplest solution.

So if you don't have both issues I had (low clearance + immersion chiller), I don't see any downsides with this spider. It's a great piece of hardware. I was surprised at how rigid/sturdy the mesh basket it for how fine it is. It cleaned up very easily and kept all the pellet remnants out of my fermenter in a big ole' double IPA.

Back