Ss Brewtech

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jag75

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody have the 7 gal unitank? It comes with heating and cooling . I think that thing is very nice. I cant get one atm but this is something I could see in the future . Wonder how warm and cool these vessels can accurately stay. I read that the bigger one had issues getting the temp down by a decent amount of time due to the amount of beer .

Their ftss system works by the difference in temperature from your beer to the chill source. It works really well if you can keep the chill source cold.

Larger volumes take a longer time to cool and heat, but they retain their temps better. 7 gallons is not large at all. It's very easy to change our maintain temps with that small a volume.

I only have the brew bucket and not the unitank, but even without using the neoprene insulating jacket, I can maintain any temp from 35 to 70 within a 1 degree variance. I could probably go warmer or colder, but have never needed to try.

I would think the unitank would perform at least the same, maybe better.

They actually have the chronical model with heating and cooling for 780 . That unitank one is 1,069. I guess you would have to have enough room to have a cooler with ice water next to it . They sure are nice though. How do you cool / heat your brew bucket ?

I also have a Brew Bucket and have the FTSs. I use an old 48 qt rectangular cooler half full of water and frozen gallon jugs, two jugs during the first 3 days and one after that. I rotate them out each morning for the first week and every other day until packaging. Works well for me but I've only brewed ales so I don't know about holding lager temps.

I chill mine with a DIY glycol chiller made from spare parts that I wasnt using, and heat with the included heating pad.

Back