SS Brewtech Unitank Accessories

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCasey1992

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on an SS Brewtech 7 Gallon Unitank. For those of you who use one, I'm curious about which accessories you guys feel are necessary? I want to buy once and cry once rather than adding the pieces as I go. My main reason for purchasing this is the ability to use glycol and to perform pressure transfers. I also want to be able to use a CIP ball for cleaning.

I have created a tentative list of items to purchase but wondered if you guys would add or remove anything.

My list is currently as follows:

CIP SETUP:
Hose Barb ½” to ½” FPT (1)
1.5” TC Clamp (2)
1.5” TC Gasket (1)
Hose Barb ½” to 1.5” TC (1)
½” ID Silicone Tubing (10 Feet)
½” 3 Piece Ball Valve (1)
Stainless Hose Clamps
Chugger Pump (1)
Micro CIP Spray Ball (1)

EVERYTHING ELSE:
7 Gallon Unitank W/ Chilling & Heating Kit (1)
Inline Oxygenation Kit (1)
Sspunding Valve Kit (1)
1 Gallon Food Grade Propylene Glycol (I was planning on building an A/C chiller).

Will this list get me everything I need to accomplish my goals? The main thing I am unsure of is whether or not I have everything needed to perform a pressure transfer. Correct me if I'm wrong but unless I'm mistaken, it seems like I've got everything else needed to get me through the process

Here is a link to the CIP setup I was planning on building. Let me know if you have any recommendations on adjustments. Thanks in advance for the help! Cheers!

With a 7 gallon I would honestly skip the CIP, I have a 15g Spike Uni with a CIP and I still just clean by hand your going to have to get in there anyways to get what the CIP leaves behind but to each their own. But yes it looks like you have everything needed for the CIP.

As for pressure transfers I have a ball lock connection with some short tubing to hook up to the Uni and the keg, I dont see a PRV so i assume you are going to let pressure build during the last points of fermentation.

Back