SS Brewtech Pure Flow Valve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

matt_m

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've never seen these before but that's a pretty interesting concept. Easy to CIP, compact, and inexpensively rebuildable.

Jtvann

Reaction score
I couldn’t find them any place other than Ssbrewtech.

I’m interested.

KBW PilotHouse

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone use the pure flow valve by ss brewtech? Wanted to know your opinion on it. Was possibly thinking of using it on my brew kettle instead of a ball valve. Thanks.
I haven’t tried these but thought about it. If you’re considering these for throttling flow rate or ease of cleaning sure, a diaphragm valve is pretty good. In my case decided on the Blichmann linear flow valves and like them; wouldn’t change. And they’re much less expensive.

I have NPT version since I don’t use TC on hot-side. Brian from Shortcircuitedbrewers has a good YouTube video on the Blichmann valves.

If you don’t see the SSBT diaphragm valve do word search on site. Not everything shows up on site screens, especially obscure replacement parts.

Cheers 🍻

Jtvann

Reaction score
Cheaper to buy their valve tree if you need multiple of them.

At 72 dollars per valve, I’m going to have to real desperate for a change.

KBW PilotHouse

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Cheaper to buy their valve tree if you need multiple of them.

At 72 dollars per valve, I’m going to have to real desperate for a change.
Isn’t that the truth 😉

OP
D

DangersBrew

Reaction score
Yea def a little pricy for the ss valve but both look really nice for ease of cleaning and flow control. I like how you can clean the diaphragm really easily as well. That is quite the discount with the valve tree.

KBW PilotHouse

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Yea def a little pricy for the ss valve but both look really nice for ease of cleaning and flow control. I like how you can clean the diaphragm really easily as well. That is quite the discount with the valve tree.
Yeah that’s a nice discount when buying the tree! 😁

I would say this though: the Blichmann LFV is equally easy to clean IMHO. Don’t get me wrong, I like the diaphragm valve & have one from different manufacture, but the LFV throttles extremely well and very simple to clean. And only 2 silicone o-rings to replace if/when needed.

Diggin’ the SSBT valve tree through. If I had a hard piped permanent set-up I’d grab one! 😎

Cheers 🍻