SS Brewtech first use ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmubronco

Reaction score
Alright, was able to fill my 1/2bbl SS brewtech chronical this past Monday. Excited and a little nervous for the first attempt. Went well, except a few notes;

1) The lid seal that came with it seems oversized. Unless I am completely missing something, it did not seem to be the right fit for under the lid. It seems sealed but a little bit of the rubber seal is "chunked" out under 1-2 of the clamps, meaning I assume the entire seal should be "hidden" underneath the actual lid.

2) I have not performed any trub/yeast yet, probably should tonite or tomorrow. Any pointers?

Appreciate any feedback.

I have a few lid gaskets that I need to angle and insert under the lid fold to get it to fit otherwise it seems way to big.

Mine is definitely all under the lid. It is basically a part of the lid, I have to reach in there and pull it off.

I added a second valve and a sight glass for harvesting. Makes it a little easier to see what is going on.

74736125429057806114.jpeg

The lid seal that came with it seems oversized. Unless I am completely missing something, it did not seem to be the right fit for under the lid. It seems sealed but a little bit of the rubber seal is "chunked" out under 1-2 of the clamps, meaning I assume the entire seal should be "hidden" underneath the actual lid.

Yeah, those gaskets can be a royal PITA. It's tough to explain how to install them, but here's a video that should help.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnabaJiZRds[/ame]

Back