SS Brewtech Ekettle

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Brewmegoodbeer

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been really interested in the new line of SS Brewtech electric kettles along with the 2V controller they have. They sell 2 ten gallon kettles with built in elements and a 2V controller together for 1,849.
https://www.ssbrewtech.com/products/ebrewing-2v-kit

I am still atleast a year away from making this type of upgrade (prob get 20 gallon kettles when i do), but im wondering if anyone in on here has tried these out? I would want to install a herms coil in one kettle and a whirl pool arm in the other kettle

Waunabeer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I too am interested in this system. I chatted with an SS rep and they are working on a RIMS tube for the Infussion mash tun (hopefully done by summer). I would like to hear how well the system works currently. I really want to go electric too.

kevin58

Reaction score
I'm not trying to steer you into something different but A) I would suggest getting bigger kettles unless you want to limit yourself to only 5 gallon batches. B) you can choose a variety of systems from 5 gallon up to 2 barrel from High Gravity. https://www.highgravitybrew.com/store/pc/Wort-Hog-Turnkey-Systems-c445.htm

Plus they let you choose from a variety of kettle brands as well as other equipment options.

Youngster

Reaction score
This panel is really using proprietary parts.

ex. You can't replace probes, you can't replace the heating elements cord *attached to the panel*
The heating element also has the probe built in

This is just my opinion.

Waunabeer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I went out and bought the Ss Brewtech 1v system and I just completed my first brew using electric and biab (eBIAB). All I can say is that is was the smoothest and most accurate batch I've ever brewed in my 9 years. I love the accuracy and ease of use of electric vs. NG and the brew bag vs. cooler was simple and fast to use and clean.

I ground my grains to 0.025, which seemed to be the sweet spot. My brew house efficiency was 79.2%. The grain absorption and/or evaporation rate was a litte off vs the predicted amount in beersmith. I had more liquid than expected, which probably hurt my pre-boil gravity reading a tad. (est. 1.040 vs. actual of 1.036). So I boiled about 10 minutes longer and ended up hitting my OG exactly at 1.050.

So overall I am extremely happy with my first attempt at not only electric brewing, but also BIAB (using Ss Brewtech 1v and a Brew Bag). I wish I would have converted earlier. :):mug:

Attachments