SS Brewtech Brewmaster Chronical

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanDe680

Reaction score
I recently bought a SS Brewtech Brewmaster 1/2 bbl Chronical. I opted for the FTS temp control as well.

I communicated back and forth with Ben and everything went smoothly. This thing looks great. Everything came as promised and Ben was helpful with all of my questions and answered literally within the hour.

I'm nearly finished with my brewery build out so am looking forward to using this for the first time.

IMG_2731.jpg

Looks nice! I am fermenting my second batch in a SSBrewtech 14g standard conical. I have external cooling and heating (Gotta-brew cooling jacket and narrow heater) on mine.

I have a 1/2 bbl BME Chronical too, I just haven't used it yet. My brewery is in a non-climate controlled building so I'm needing a fermchamber for it. I've been trolling Craigslist for deals on a ~20cf upright freezer (frost free of course)... Cant wait to use this thing!

How do you like the FTS? Are you running it on water? What kind of temps can you hit?

I have a 1/2 bbl BME Chronical too, I just haven't used it yet. My brewery is in a non-climate controlled building so I'm needing a fermchamber for it. I've been trolling Craigslist for deals on a ~20cf upright freezer (frost free of course)... Cant wait to use this thing!

Are you wanting the chamber because of the temp swings in your building or do you think that the FTS temp control doesn't do as good of a job?

that's awesome! nice! I have the standard 7g chronical and love it. Also have the FTS temp controller - only problem I have now is cold crashing. I have the FTS but haven't tried cold crashing with it yet.

Are you wanting the chamber because of the temp swings in your building or do you think that the FTS temp control doesn't do as good of a job?

Because of the temp swings in my building, mainly during the summer months where ambient temps can approach ~120 degrees F.

Back