SS Brew Bucket or 7gal Chronicle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gravedigger

Reaction score
Trying to decide between the SS bucket and kegging system or 7 gal chronicle. I would get kegging system eventually anyway but it might be awhile. Also wondering if anyone that has bought the SS bucket regretted not getting the Chronicle instead.

I have the brew bucket with the FTSS and love it. Would love conical but rather have temp control. Not really missing it so far.

Dave

I have a chronical and kegging setup, and I would recommend getting the kegging system and a brew bucket, or skip the brew bucket and use that money to save up and buy a chronical. The brew bucket is nothing more than that...a bucket.

Kegging made my brewing life a lot easier, no more stockpiling bottles, and best of all, no more bottling. And if you really want to bottle off a six pack just look up how to make a cheap counter pressure filler out of you bottling wand.

I have two brew buckets and a kegging system and pretty happy with them. They both fit in my temp controlled fridge.

Would be nice to have a bottom dump and a deeper area at bottom to catch gunk but yeast harvest is still possible with the bucket.

If I were going to go more expensive Id probably go with one 15 gallon glacier tank conical or a Morebeer heated and cooled 15.

I'm in the same boat. I'm wondering between a SS brew bucket or a plastic conical. I would love a SS conical but they won't fit in my fermentation chamber.

Being able to draw a sample for gravity reading from a valve rather than opening the fermenter is a big bonus for me.

I have an SS Brewtech Brew Bucket and have been really happy. I personally don't harvest yeast, nor do I really have a desire to start. The Brew Bucket also fit in my fermentation chamber. Those factors made the decision easy for me. Your mileage may vary.

September is the estimate. I was looking at the DIY SS fermenter thread and then heard about the kickstarter.

Two (7 gallon FV with 3 piece valve) and shipping for $209. No DIY for me. There didn't seem to be any point at this price point. I can wait and continue to use my dangerous glass carboys till then.

The prices have gone up a wee bit now that the kickstarter is over but still a good price if the quality is there. Time will tell.

The SS bucket from SSbrewing looks great too. Better actually for a bit more $$

I seriously considered the Fermenters in the Kickstarter, but ultimately I decided to get the SS Brew Bucket. I really wanted the conical shaped bottom.

I went with two of the Chapman fermenters as well to replace plastic buckets for wine. I'm looking into 2 of the SS Brewbuckets as well for my beer. I like the conical bottom shape, but I don't really need a conical fermenter with as expensive as they are.

Trying to decide between the SS bucket and kegging system or 7 gal chronicle. I would get kegging system eventually anyway but it might be awhile. Also wondering if anyone that has bought the SS bucket regretted not getting the Chronicle instead.

did you end up getting a SS set up gravedigger?

I did end up getting the SS Brew Bucket so that I could also afford a kegging system. I've only used it once but it worked well and being able to keg was awesome.

I did end up getting the SS Brew Bucket so that I could also afford a kegging system. I've only used it once but it worked well and being able to keg was awesome.

Yep! Only real drawback that I mind is the weldless valve and its gaskets. Wish it was a welded fitting!

Wicked cool,,what type of kegging set up did you go with? I plan to keg also in the near future.

I have an old chest freezer that I plugged into a temp controller. That's the other reason I choose the bucket, it fits in the freezer but the chronicle is too tall so I would've had to build a collar to make the freezer deeper. So I can use my freezer to control fermentation temps or I can use it like a kegerator

Latest posts

Back