SS Braided Sleeving

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HD or Lowes in the plumbing department. Just cut the ends off, and slide the hose out, and there you go.

look for washing machine connection hoses. make sure they are SS and not some synthetic braid. pulling the inside is a PITA but it's possible.

look for washing machine connection hoses. make sure they are SS and not some synthetic braid. pulling the inside is a PITA but it's possible.

That's is the problem you shouldn't pull the hose out. Think of it like Chinese handcuffs the more you pull the tighter it gets. The way to get the hose out is to grab the end hose with a pair of pliers and push the braid down the hose,it will slide right out.

That's is the problem you shouldn't pull the hose out. Think of it like Chinese handcuffs the more you pull the tighter it gets. The way to get the hose out is to grab the end hose with a pair of pliers and push the braid down the hose,it will slide right out.
Yea exactly. It's actually very easy to get the inner tube out. You have to push the braid off, rather than pull the braid off or pull the tube out. Push, dont Pull.

Cool. Thanks. How do you tie up the ends so they don't get all frayed? A hose clamp and an end cap or something? Thanks.

All I did was fold it over a few times and crimp it with a vise. The end attached to the bulk head I rolled the end inside the tube and attached with a SS hose clamp make sure the clamp is 100% SS most have zinc coated screws..

gottBraid.jpg

I use it for boil screen never had a problem. I now use a pvc & paint strainer hop bag just so there is less mess in bottom of keggle.

Anyone ever use the stainless braiding that they sell for wire harnesses?
The pricing here is a bit less than buying the hoses at HD.
I had the braid I needed sitting in my garage, but would consider this if I end up needing more.

I put a little tiny zip tie around the very end of mine and loosely zip tied the other end to the bulkhead nipple fitting. Definitely try and get a dishwashing machine one if you have a rectangular cooler. I have a rectangular cooler but did not have a long braid so i cut a small piece of the rubber hose, and zip tied two shorter braids to each side, so the piece of rubber hose acted as a coupler. Worked out pretty well.

I also put a helix of vinyl tubing in mine so it wouldn't flatten or get twisted in the bottom.

Back