Squatters Hop Rising Double IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeavyKettleBrewing

Reaction score
Had this in Vegas and was floored by how good it was!!!!!!! Anybody have a recipe or a clue as to what I can do to get the flavor and aroma? This beer is now one of my favorites except I cannot find it locally, SoCal that is. Hopefully someone out there has also fallen for this brew.

Squatters is local to me and i know a few people at the brewery. Ill ask them if i remember and see what i can find out for you.

Thanks Kincade. I am sure the recipe is closely guarded. I am smitten with this beer and you are lucky to have it within reach. I'll try to see if I can order through their beer store in the meantime. I guess my next step is formualting an IIPA. I may use combination of MO and Pale 2 row with some other modified malted barley. Oh, the joy of brewing!!!

Give it a try, but UT has some funky laws regarding shipping alcohol. My guess is that they would be prohibited from doing so. OTOH, I believe you could have someone ELSE ship it to you!

I'll see what I can find out. They are swamped right now with the holidays.

I love this one as well, although I can't help with the recipe, I wanted to subscribe to this thread and see what comes of it.. Hopefully someone can get the inside scoop for us! ;)

I have a 6 pack of that in my fridge. one of my favorites from Squatters.

maddad,
Where did you find good beer in Vegas? For a drinking vacation spot, good beer is tough to find!

There is a small bar in New York New York that has a fairly good selection of beers. First place I'd ever found Pliny the Elder!

I have found plenty of good beer in Vegas, Phils Italian Steakhouse has DFH 90 min on tap and had 60, 90 and some 120 in bottles when I was there in April.

To all looking for good beer in Vegas, I always go to Battista's as sort of a ritual dinner. The place is right by Bally's and also serves bottomless wine with your meal, more like kool-aid witha little kick. Good food nonetheless.

Regards to Squatter's, can't ship to me unless I have a beer and wine license so i am getting my friend to order a case through his bar. You can also get Squatter's info off the web and have your local liquor store order it for you. The price is high but the beer is that GOOOOD!

@Squatter's, get to distributing in SoCal!!! I am sure that all of your beers are great!

Just found this thread via a search but I just discovered this beer today and it is the best IPA I have ever had! Awesome.

Back