Spunding - two kegs, one valve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auger

Reaction score
I just brewed a 10gal batch of beer and I want to spund in kegs at the tail end of fermentation. I only have one spunding valve, however. I think - I can rack each fermenter into a keg, then jumper the Keg1 gas post into the Keg2 liquid post, then put the spunding valve on the keg2 gas post. Only potential problem with this would be if K2 produces pressure more quickly than K1, it could potentially push beer back up into the jumper line I guess...but once I keg the beers if I hit both kegs with gas up to the relief pressure, I think I'd be good....right?

Here is a simpler solution:

spunding II.jpg

Ah good call on that. I have a tee with swivel nuts on it already....I just want to add one to the third leg so I can swap that back and forth between the spunding valve and my travel regulator setup. To the home depot!

If spunding id say 30 psi. At room temp youd need to be well over 15 to carb naturally. Assuming thats your intent here.

Back