Spunding - new frontier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cider Wraith

Reaction score
First spunding effort looking good holding at 20 PSI. Natural carbonation and potentially some flavor enhancements?

Last edited:
20 PSI and holding sounds great!

Please report back once this batch has had time to crash/lager/whatever-ciders-do. I have used pressure to suppress ester formation when fermenting a lager at room temp with good results.

I'm curious if there will be any flavor changes (for good or ill) that result from doing a pressure cider.

Thanks for the reply. Holding steady at 20 PSI

Last edited:
Im a big fan of spunding it was my primary carbing method before I got my kegging setup. I am still in the habit of using it from time to time on big cider batches or the occasional Skeeter Pee. I think it does add some flavor and really kind of adds a set it and forget it to keg conditioning.
I love your setup, and when I add another keg, I could see myself stealing it from you, Im ashamed to say I never even thought about connecting more than one keg to a single spunding valve it makes so much sense.

Latest posts

Back