Spring Time Brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdf191

Reaction score
I realize there is a "whats brewing today" sticky on this page already.. But what are everyones top brew ideas for spring? Its still mid Feb, but its just about hitting the time to think about brewing the brews for those first warm weeks. Or maybe you already have one going. I have a Maibock in the works.

I refuse to tool up for precise temperature control, so my brewing is totally dictated by weather ... the only nice thing I can think of to say about winter is that I can brew anything I want when it's 30 to 45 degrees outside all the time. Got my two lagers in December -- now I'm gonna work my way up to spring with a stout, a Scottish and maybe some other cool-season ale -- by mid-May it'll be fruity IPAs and I'll be totally shut down in late June until September or so ... so I gotta stock up!

i have a Cali Common in bottles now aging, a honey wheat i'm bottling this weekend, and IPA that i'll bottle in a few weeks and i'm starting a Cream ale this weekend. figure those should be some good summer beers i hope. may also want to try a Blonde ale, i brewed one up last summer and it turned out great.

The orange/ginger Dortmunder I just bottled is something I'm hoping will be a quaffable spring/summer beer.... I don't like wits but like the flavors added to wits, like Orange and Coriander...so I thought I'd try it...

I'm also toying with the idea of doing a better version of "miller chill" (I mean swill) that has lime in it. Like a lime Pale Ale, perhaps.

Back