SPRING BREAK 2010 - Where to go along the way to NYC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeamusMac

Reaction score
Possible destinations: Anywhere along the I-95 in ME, NH, MA, RI, CT and NY.

Hey all,

My buddies and I (3 of us) are looking to take a road trip into the Eastern United States for a week from February 19 to 26. I've never been to the States and we're not sure where to go in order to do the most exciting things...

I believe our end point will be NYC and we'll be traveling there via the I-95 and we're looking for things to do along the way to break up the drive.

Ideas?

New England is going to be damn cold in February! Pretty much shuts down a lot of the nice stuff to do around there.

New England is going to be damn cold in February! Pretty much shuts down a lot of the nice stuff to do around there.

It's even colder here ha ha ha, which is why we're escaping to the South! My friends and I are all in our early 20s but we aren't the Cancun, Bahamas, Daytona, ect. spring break types.

We want to see things that are mentioned in books or shown in the movies, eat food that is foreign to our Canadian palates and drink copious amounts of East Coast American microbrews!

You might want to slightly lengthen your trip to end in Baltimore or Philly. It will be a ton cheaper and there is tons of great local food and beers too.

Philadelphia is definitely a possibility, it's really not very far away from NYC...

I'm looking for specific places to visit and things to do. I'm trying to tap into some local knowledge as it's very difficult to sift through the layers of internet advertisement crap while searching for exciting spots and events.

If you were to drive to Philadelphia on your day off but were only allowed to get out of the car once where would it be and to do what?

Without a doubt it would be Victory brewing. Its about 20-30 minutes outside of the city.

Hmm, Gritty Mcduff's in Portland, MA.

Cambridge Brewing Company and the Publick House in Mass.

If you find yourself in Central NJ at a meal time, jump off 95 at exit 10 New Brunswick, NJ and hit Harvest Moon brewpub. Of course, that's assuming you make it all the way to Philly.

In that case, I'd recommend two stops. Monk's Cafe and Noddinghead.

Don't bother with Pats or Ginos unless you just want the experience and to be able to say you went.

I'm not the "spring Break" type either, but after seeing a few videos and hearing a few stories, I would not mind checking it out. The ladies are insane on spring break!

But if you just don't like naked or nearly naked college age girls, then a trip to Philly might be a good place for food and drinks.

I just can't believe you'd pass on the warm weather and warm bodies, that's all....

I'm not the "spring Break" type either, but after seeing a few videos and hearing a few stories, I would not mind checking it out. The ladies are insane on spring break!
SpringBreak in daytona has been dead for over 10yrs +, keep heading south to Miami.

I did 20yrs of springbreaks in daytona and the stuff you see in those vids are long gone.The peak was back in the late 80s- early 90s with a slow downward slide as the city decided to chase away the kids.

SpringBreak in daytona has been dead for over 10yrs +, keep heading south to Miami.

I did 20yrs of springbreaks in daytona and the stuff you see in those vids are long gone.The peak was back in the late 80s- early 90s with a slow downward slide as the city decided to chase away the kids.

This may be true, but I've seen and heard of people in the keys having way too much fun. Flotillas of boats contain some serious debauchery.

Not that I condone that sort of behaviour. I'm just sayin.

This may be true, but I've seen and heard of people in the keys having way too much fun. Flotillas of boats contain some serious debauchery.

Not that I condone that sort of behaviour. I'm just sayin.

Noticed I said Daytona also Maimi has better clubs and if your looking for real fun visit Ibiza.

Noticed I said Daytona also Maimi has better clubs and if your looking for real fun visit Ibiza.

I think that Europe is a little bit too far out of our way ;)

nystevecf, thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to check their website out and see if my bais want to check it out.

Back