Spring Beer & Wine Fest, Portland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppyDaze

Reaction score
So Ive never been to this event. It is at that convention center which is HUGE so Im thinking there will probably be plenty of room unlike the damn summer event. Anyone plan on going?

This is totally a more relaxed atmosphere vs. the summer Oregon Brewers Festival. Less to taste, but each brewery has it's own "booth". Most of the times someone from the brewery is there, but not always. And there are vendor, food, music, demonstrations (cooking, pairings, etc). It's a great event. I've only been there on Friday afternoons, but won't be able to make it until Saturday afternoon this year. It will be interesting to see if the vibe is different.

I've gone a couple times. One year I restricted my tasting to blended wines, as it's getting tough to find new beers to try.

I have volunteered at this event and will say most of the time the brewer is not in attendance. My wife volunteered with me and we weren't even able to try the beer we each were pouring until after our shift and we weren't provided any information about the brewer. Kind of comical really because she was a redhead pouring a Scottish Ale everyone thought she was the wife or daughter of the brewer.

Anyway I hear it was absolutely packed this year with a line going through the convention center and up the stairs.

Back