Spring Beer Recommendation (PLS)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guidry

Reaction score
OK, I have a stout that has about 2 1/2 weeks of bottle time on it right now. I gave one a shot last weekend, just to check the progress and it is damn good. Now I need to get a lighter brew going.....Something that is a little easier to drink between cutting the grass and other yard work. I'm looking for suggestions. I can do partial mash (haven't given full grain a shot yet) and I have a 5 gallon limit....Also, lagers are out as I don't have a cooling unit for fermentation yet.

Any suggestions???

A beer I've made a few times for the warmer months is a modified APA. I've used 75% 2-row, 25% wheat malt, 30 IBUs of Cascade with 15 of those IBUs coming in the last 15 minutes, and then adding 1/2 oz coriander and the zest of 3-4 lemons at 5 minutes. Nice refreshing beer that satisfies both hardened beer drinkers, as well as the ladies.

Just to keep variety and not help you with a consensus, I vote Saison! Very dry and crisp finish. Tons of flavor. I'm going to brew up Jamil's Saison from Brewing Classic Styles next weekend. I've got some yeast in the bottom of a bottle that once contained AHS' Ginger Hibiscus Saison that my buddy brewed. I'll be growing that yeast (568) this weekend and into next week. :D

Back